Learn all about sixteenth note rhythms while you master the Intermediate arrangement
of this classic Beatles hit.
The Pop Lesson Series: BLACKBIRD contains 5 video lessons, each approximately 40-60 minutes in length. Some practice time is built into each lesson making each video roughly equivalent to a 60-90 minute lesson. You will have access to the entire video series for 12 months, so you can proceed thru the lessons at your own pace and return to any areas that may need a little extra work. the lessons each build on the previous one and are meant to be viewed in chronological order. A minimum of at least 5 practice sessions will likely be needed between each lesson.
Once you have purchased the Series, you will receive an email confirmation within 72 hours containing class information, a teaching copy of the arrangement, and video site passwords. The lessons are stored on a private video site and only registered students will have access to the lessons. In addition, registered students will also receive -
- A hard copy of the arrangement via mail.
- A Series of Worksheets developed specifically for the online series and complete with my fingerings and brackets.
- A series of audio practice MP3's organized by lesson.
- Instructional rhythm PDFs.
HARP SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS SERIES
- PIVOTS - (changes in direction) in both the right and left hand.
- Basics of 16TH NOTE RHYTHMS - eighth, sixteenth and dotted quarter notes and rests.
- LH and RH CROSSUNDERS
- PLACING GROUPS OF 3 AND 4 fingers at the same time.
- TIED NOTES
- LEGER LINES
- some experience and comfort with LEVER/PEDAL CHANGES
- experience using a METRONOME
- familiarity with standard INTERVAL FINGERING
Students should also have BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS and a high speed connection is recommended.